Pycko Scientific Ltd is an independent supplier of radiological detection products, solutions and services.
As an essential part of our business, we collect and manage customer data. In doing so we observe UK data protection legislation and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and rights.
In order that you are reliably informed about how we operate, we have developed this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement describes the ways in which we collect, manage, process, store and share information about you.
This Privacy Statement also provides you with information about how you can have control over our use of your data.
Please note that we will be updating this Privacy Statement on a regular basis in order to keep you fully up-to-date with our approach to data protection and privacy. If you have any comments or queries regarding our use of your data, or you wish to unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) by email at: email@example.com or by post at: Data Protection Officer, Pycko Scientific Ltd, 31 London Road, Grantham, NG31 6EX.
The Data Controller in respect of your personal information is Pycko Scientific Ltd, 31 London Road, Grantham, NG31 6EX.
- What Information do we collect about you
The information that we collect about you, referred to as your “personal data”, may include:
- Contact details including title, name, postal and email addresses, postcode, contact telephone numbers;
- Business information, such as employer details and job title, particularly from our corporate customers;
- Transaction information, including payment details;
- Purchase history;
- Customer communication preferences;
We collect this data in a number of different ways. For example, you may provide this data directly when filling in the ‘Contact Us’ form on our website, or when corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or letter.
- Non-personal identification information
When you visit our website, we may collect, through Google Analytical Solutions, technical information about you such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address which connects your computer or mobile device to the internet, operating system, location data (country and city), and information about your visit including products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors and length of visits to certain pages.
- How will we use that information
Currently, we use your data for the following purposes:
- To assist in the processing of your order / to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. For example, this could include packing and delivering orders, forwarding order details, order fulfilment, the processing of credit/debit card transactions, fraud prevention, registering warranties and the provision of corresponding customer services
- In certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to provide your information to external companies with which we contract to assist us in providing these critical services to you. We assure you that these companies are not permitted to use your information for any other purpose.
- Where you have given us your specific consent, we will use your data to provide you with marketing services. This allows us to tell you about new products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Correspondence between us, including where you use our ‘Contact us’ form.
- To understand what sections of our website are receiving the most page views, so that we can carry out business and data analysis and keep improving our service to customers.
If you change your mind at any stage about receiving marketing from us, or if you do not want us to process your personal data for one or more of the reasons set out above, please contact our DPO as described in Section 1 above.
- Direct Marketing
We would like to keep you informed of Pycko Scientific products and services by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means.
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent or a ‘legitimate interest’. That is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. It must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom of emails, by contacting our DPO at the address in Section 1, or through the Contact form on www.pycko.co.uk
Whatever you choose, you’ll still receive statements, and other important information such as changes to your existing products and services.
We may ask you to confirm or update your choices, if you take out any new products or services with us in future. We will also ask you to do this if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
If you change your mind you can update your choices at any time by contacting our DPO at the address in Section 1 or through the Contact form on www.pycko.co.uk
- Where will your personal information be processed
In relation to the above uses of your personal information and the above sharing arrangements, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which do not provide equivalent protection for personal information as UK data protection legislation. In these circumstances, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the requirements of UK data protection legislation.
We will only send your data outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) to:
- Follow your instructions.
- Comply with a legal duty.
- Work with our agents and advisers who we use to help fulfil our obligations and services you.
- How long will we keep your personal information
Unless you ask us to do so, we will never keep your data for longer than is necessary for us to complete the activity for which your data was collected in the first place. However, sometimes there is a legitimate and/or legal reason that means we need to retain your data, in which case we will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer of Pycko Scientific Ltd.
After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for up to 10 years for one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints.
- To show that we treated you fairly.
- To maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
We may keep your data for longer than 10 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
- With whom do we share your personal information
We work with a number of external suppliers who support our business. This includes organisations which are critical to fulfilling customer orders.
Notwithstanding the above, we assure you that we will only exchange your data with another organisation where i) we have your express permission to do so; or ii) it is necessary in order to honour a contract between you and Pycko Scientific or (iii) we have a legal obligation to share the information; or (iv) it is in the public interest; or (v) it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (vi) it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another person.
We will never sell your personal data to any external organisation.
- Data Privacy and Security
We maintain a comprehensive data management work programme, which includes processes for ensuring that data protection is a key consideration of all new and existing IT systems that hold customers personal data. Where any concerns, risks or issues are identified, we conduct relevant impact assessments in order to determine any actions that are necessary to ensure optimum privacy.
We also maintain an active information security work programme which seeks to protect the availability, confidentiality and integrity of all physical and information assets. Specifically, this programme helps us to:
- protect against potential breaches of confidentiality;
- ensure all IT facilities are protected against damage, loss or misuse;
- increase awareness and understanding across our business of the requirements of information security, and the responsibility of colleagues to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the information that they handle.
- How can you access the personal information we hold
You have the right to ask us, in writing, for a copy of all the personal data we hold about you. This is known as a “Subject Access Request”. Except in exceptional circumstances (which we would discuss and agree with you in advance), you can obtain this information at no cost.
We will send you a copy of the information within 30 days of your request.
To make a Subject Access Request, please write to our DPO at the postal address shown in Section 1 above.
- Updating or amending your personal information
If, at any time, you want to update or amend your personal data or consent preferences, please contact our DPO as described in Section 1 above or online via the Contact Us enquiry form on www.pycko.co.uk. Any requested and legitimate changes will take effect within 28 days of receipt of your request.
- What if you want us to stop using your personal information?
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ and ‘right to erasure’, or the ‘right to be forgotten’.
There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data. But please tell us if you think that we should not be using it.
We may sometimes be able to restrict the use of your data. This means that it can only be used for certain things, such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights. In this situation, we would not use or share your information in other ways while it is restricted.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It is not accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it.
- It not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
- You have already asked us to stop using your data but you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep on using it.
If you want to object to how we use your data, or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it or, please contact our DPO at the address in Section 1 0r through the Contact Us form on www.pycko.co.uk.
- How to complain
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. You can contact our DPO at the address in Section 1 0r through the Contact Us form on www.pycko.co.uk.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern.
Every effort is made to ensure that the information provided on our website, and in this Privacy Statement, is accurate and up-to-date, but no legal responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions contained herein.
We cannot accept liability for the use made by you of the information on this website or in this Privacy Statement, neither do we warrant that the supply of the information will be uninterrupted. All material accessed or downloaded from our website is obtained at your own risk. It is your responsibility to use appropriate anti-virus software.
This Privacy Statement applies solely to the data collected by us.
This Policy was last updated on 14 June 2020.